At the turn of the 20th century, people from Weekstown were traveling the three or four miles to worship at the church across the river in Green Bank. Early in this century, they felt the Lord’s call to build a church within their own community. The building was completed in 1915. It was then known and remained known as the "Snyder M.E. Church" until it was withdrawn from the United Methodist Church. It was called “Snyder” to honor a popular District Superintendent in the Methodist Episcopal Church of that era.In 1939 the Methodist Episcopal, Methodist Episcopal South and the Methodist Protestant churches merged to become the Methodist Church.In 1969 another merger took place when the Methodist Church joined with another denomination known as the Evangelical United Brethren. The United Methodist Church of today is the result of that union.After this consolidation, the United Methodist Church became increasingly liberal in its policies and practices, until the Weekstown congregation felt they could no longer subscribe to such doctrines nor support them.On May 22, 1990, a unanimous vote of the Administrative Board approved withdrawal from the Southern New Jersey Conference of the United Methodist Church.Since the treasury and building belonged to the Conference, Weekstown became a congregation without a church or money. They sought and received permission to hold services in the Volunteer Fire Company's hall on May 27, 1990. Weekstown Community Church was incorporated in the State of New Jersey August 1, 1990. Ultimately, the congregation received permission to purchase the Church building from the United Methodist Conference. During the same time, land was donated and a parsonage was built.The original Church building (the one built in 1915) was a two-story structure. The sanctuary was located on the 2nd floor and the Sunday School Rooms were on the first floor. The sanctuary would hold approximately 60 people. A few years ago a chairlift was installed in one of the stairwells for those who were unable to climb stairs. In 2000 a local resident donated over 8 acres of land for a new Church building. The loyal congregation decided to start saving money so a new Church could be built. In early 2011 construction started and was completed in December 2013. The first service was held on December 22, 2013. The New Weekstown Community Church is all on one floor and has a sanctuary that will seat 150 people normally, extra chairs can be placed to accommodate more if necessary. Also included are 5 Sunday school rooms, a nursery, a small kitchen, a sound room, and a storage room in the overhead.